Sunday 11 January 2015

First Project for 2015 Finished and anyone got any ideas what the weather is up to?

Was listening to the TV the other day whilst cooking tea and they were
 talking about what it take to change a habit, way of life etc -
 
 the magical number being 66 days...
( and depending on what era you are from - apparently it's not 42)
 
So this year I decided to take the challenge and do things for me in between working full-time, 3 children, a shift working husband, kids sports, and trying to get Nays Place up and running.
 
You know the normal things mums do but generally forget to add the 'for me' part into life - so no more collapsing after tea I now go into Nays Place and sew for an hour and am still opening on the weekends when possible - (check out my facebook page for opening times.)
 
So after being a closet stalker for 4 years I decided to take the plunge and challenge and join Chookyblues stitch-a-long I have watched these ladies challenge each other for many years, enjoyed the quilts and projects they have completed and even joined in secretly from the wings -  buying my own books and following some of the projects.
 
My 1st Challenge was met tonight....
Finish Anni Downs Hatched and Patched free pattern Christmas Wishes before the SAL Quilt pattern arrives... DONE
 

I used my leftover threads to complete the picture using DMC, Cottage Garden Threads and Silk colours a little "mishmashed" but I'm using my stash.  The 2 1/2" Squares are Moda Christmas Countdown pack that I have in the shop and decided it's a good as any...not sure if shop stock counts as my stash but I'm using it.......
 
Now to wait impatiently for the pattern to arrive -
thinking brights to take me outside my square but really not sure.
 
Admittedly the weather for the last couple of days has made it easy to stay inside and sew and not feel guilty about NOT doing the washing.
 
We've gone from 40+ degrees to cold wet and rainy, all within 10 days of each other. 
 
 Think these photos really show the extremes..
Land near Waikerie taking New Years Days
 
Then in the last 2 days we have had enough rain to help fill our new rainwater tank.  I love the colours on our gum trees when it rains - my kids call them Shrek trees....
 
 
Went for a quick drive to Burra today to collect No 2 & 3 - they have been at Orroroo doing Vac Swim with a friend and then another friend had them for a couple of days as both my hubby and I were working and we decided that we need an excuse to go out for lunch.
 
If you haven't been you simply must try La Pecora Nera (the Black Sheep) at Burra....its YUMMY
Even my steak and 3 veg hubby managed to know back Pasta Beef Rangu and a Affagato for dessert.
 
And the crazy weather continued - No 2 needed a stop and this is us waiting for him at 3pm and yes that's fog not rain.....
 
Off to Adelaide tomorrow for a quick catch-up with relies and then some training for work. 
 Mum and Dad are coming to look after the kids as hubby on night shift - tell me what did I do when they were both working - so glad they have retired.
 
Getting excited for the next round of Cottage Gardens Thread Club to come out - I think I have managed to order some more will let you know this week...
 
This is me flying on New Years Day (that's me on the left) with my friends Nic - she knows I'm petrified of heights and I'm still not sure how she talked me into going flying in a little 2 seater Savannah plane but I would put me life in her hands without any hesitation and I can honestly say its magical up there...
 
 
 
And flying over our place
 
 
 
Thanks again
 
and keep stitching
 
Nay

1 comment:

  1. glad you stopped stalking and joined us............nice finish for the SAL...............love the aerial shots................

    ReplyDelete